Tuesday 17 August 2010

Hello! Is it me you're looking for?

Let me introduce myself. 
Where to begin?
Last weekend, I went to the Vintage at Goodwood festival and OH.MY.GOD. It was the most amazing experience of my life and has opened my eyes to the wonderland of vintage culture available out there! While enjoying a nice bit of rock 'n' roll at the Let it Rock stage, I decided to take on a challenge. From now on, I will operate exclusively on a vintage or veto; retro or rule out;antique or abolish. Now with my GCSEs coming up, and a limit of £40/month I'm not going to set myself an impossible task: the rules are as follows:
  • Any item I buy must be vintage or vintage-style, including clothes, accessories and home items.
  • I will blog about any vintage or vintage-style events, boutiques or individual items I come across as often as possible.
  • Any time I go shopping I must attempt to steer clear of high street shops and instead trawl the rails of charity shops, flea markets, car boot sales and small boutiques.
  • I will report every outfit I wear with a run down on each item's history.
Phew! Sounds like a lot when it's written down like that... Feel free to tell me off if I deviate from the rules. So, here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment