Thursday 26 August 2010

London calling to the faraway towns

YES I went to London! And I was determined to visit the Rokit store in Covent Garden. Due to some phone issues, this involved around 30 minutes of wandering around the Covent Garden area aimlessly, but it was WORTH IT!
I've only ever been to one vintage shop of that size, and that was Beyond Retro in Brighton. However, Rokit was completely different.
While Beyond Retro is overwhelmingly crammed full of thousands of items, Rokit is calm and well-organised. It has much more of the feeling of a high-end shop than of a bustling bazaar and the prices were gobsmaking! I picked up one dress for £13 and this seemed to be an average price. While there were some much higher end, designer items a lot of the clothes were amazingly cheap!
This is the dress that I bought: the first vintage item I've bought on this voyage.

As the dress is originally a size 14, it fits loosely but with a belt it suits my figure better, and the length is perfect. However, for a more casual look I could leave it loose.


I also wore some of my favourite jewellery on this trip: this leopard necklace and owl ring... Oh God, I'm like a bloody zoo!

The staff were lovely, the prices were great... my only negative about Rokit was that I didn't bring enough money!

1 comment: